What is Expedia Virtual Card?
When a customer reserve a room in hotels, Expedia sends a reservation confirmation to the hotel in which they summarize customer data and the specification of the reservation. After the guests check out, the hotel had to issue an invoice to Expedia, which provided the balance, usually after 30 days.
The Expedia Virtual Card is a faster method to receive the balance of the reservation. In fact, along with the data of the customer and booking summary the details of a virtual credit card consists of a number and an expiration date are sent. After the guests check out, the receptionist, through a common POS, provides the Virtual Debit Card and then cashing in immediately the balance of the booking as well as reported in the summary posted by Expedia.
What is the use of Virtual cards from Expedia?
First of all it streamlines the work of who is responsible for invoicing. In fact, who does not adhere to the EVC system must issue a receipt to the customer, issue the invoice to Expedia, go to ExpediaPay, enter the invoice data and the reservation and wait about 30 days to submit the bank balance of reservations. Thanks to Virtual Card, the booking is paid in full immediately upon departure of the customer resulting in savings in human resources. After Last minute, so even Expedia streamlines the invoicing process while it remains pegged to the strength i.e direct payment in the hotel and subsequent issuance of an invoice for the amount of commissions.
A single point in disfavor of the Virtual Card is that you have to pay a percentage to your lending institution. Moreover, rule valid for all credit card payments.
Let’s talk about your challenges in Payment Integrations. Please drop your email-id and a message for our consulting team. We will contact you instantly.
Image credits: www.expedia.com
Follow us on Linkedin
- Vacation Rental Owners, Now you can accept payments Online! – Online payments for Vacation Rentals
- Commission Matters: Typical Commissions in Vacation Rental Industry
- Earned Media Vs OTA Ranking?
- How to reach your potential guests using optimized long tail keywords
- Vacation Rental Distribution: How technology can bring more profit?
- Sharing Economy : How to determine right marketing strategy?
- What is Cross-site request forgery or CSRF/XSRF ?
- An ‘incredible’ giant sleeping – Indian vacation rental industry
- Pricing terms everyone should know in vacation rental industry
- Beyond the COVID-19 Crisis – The Future State of VR Industry