Congratulations, Kerala tourism on winning the Golden Gate award at 14th ITB Berlin, AKA the travel Oscars!
The Golden Gate award also known as the ‘Oscar in tourism communication’ was won by Kerala tourism for the second time, consecutively at the 14th ITB Berlin. The ITB Berlin (Internationale TourismusBorse Berlin) 2015 is the world’s most prestigious and ultimate travel event. The award was presented for their worldwide multimedia campaign for promoting the Kerala backwaters. The Das Golden Stadttor known as Golden Gate State, silver prize was awarded to the state tourism on 5th of March 2015 at the German capital.
The state tourism was recognized for their ‘The Great Backwaters of Kerala’ campaign in the multimedia campaign category for the television commercial medium. The state had previously bagged the Golden Gate Gold prize at the ITB Berlin in the ‘Print’ category last year. The former was recognized for the ‘Your moment is waiting’ ad campaign. G Kamala Vardhana Rao, Kerala tourism secretary and Mr.Suman Billa, Joint secretary in the Union Tourism ministry and former Kerala tourism secretary received the prize at the ITB Berlin award ceremony. Watch the award-winning piece of art here.
The Killer ad was created by a team of photography professionals from Finland and India by using the potentials of aerial photography. The most alluring and beautiful backwaters of Kerala was shoot by using helicams and spidercams controlled from a detachable platform located down on a boat. This was the first-time aerial photography was used on such a wider scale in the country and they could capture the vast Kerala backwaters as a single destination. The winners were decided by a judging panel consisting of an international jury of professionals. The ceremony is conducted under the patronage of German Federal Association of Film and Audio-Visual producers every year. This award grabbing the global tourism attention is in the 14th year since inception. Watch the behind the scene cuts of the video. Watch the previous award winner ‘Your Moment is waiting.’
Minister of Kerala tourism A.P Anilkumar said that they are honored by the remarkable recognition for the great backwaters campaign at the world’s most renowned travel event. The award shows the significance of our state in the international tourism map. This will inspire us to promote Kerala tourism in the most effective and creative way to a larger global audience. Mr.Rao said that they will be achieving more heights during the upcoming ‘Visit Kerala 2015’ campaign. Watch the behind the scene cuts of the ‘Great backwaters of Kerala‘
More stories from Vafion
- 9 stunning places to be in the bucket list of every Kerala traveler!
- Earned Media Vs OTA Ranking?
- Vacation Rental Insurance: Things to keep in mind
- An ‘incredible’ giant sleeping – Indian vacation rental industry
- 9 stunning places to be in the bucket list of every Kerala traveler !
- Make your rentals standout! Display Visual and Engaging Videos with YouTube
- Increase your Revenue with GDS Integration
- Travel technology : Learn the trends that can serve your business
- What is Cross-site request forgery or CSRF/XSRF ?
- 10 reasons why you should invest in Booking Engine
- 5 reasons why hotels need to invest into Vacation rental space
- 6 secrets for a successful marketing strategy with Guest Profiling
- Reinvigorate the Hospitality Industry with Technology